Well, our dear daughters turned 1 and 2 on the 29th and the 3rd. We had a simple little birthday party for 'em both and I made 'em happy little animal cakes. Katie was thrilled with the purple hippo cake, but Kristy couldn't have cared less about her cake. She was too busy eying and eating the strawberries. Katie was sooo happy about it all and that night in her sleep she sang happy birthday to herself, it was sooo cute! The next day she pointed to the dining room and asked for "more hippo cake", haha. The actual date we did the party was Kristy's birthday, so everyone was saying happy birthday to Kristy that day and the whole home sung happy birthday to Kristy and Katie was all upset about it all, saying "NO, no! Happy birthday KATIE, no Kristina!"
So, here's some photos from that as well as some other recent photos of the girlies.


These first pictures are of Kate modeling her new shirt from her great-grandparents... Check out her belly!! hahaHere's Katie..trying to copy the pose that Daddy is doing in the back (imagine Aiki sticking his hips to one side, snicker)
Now trying desperately to smile with her eyes open and her mouth closed..don't mind the diaper...
Tada! Got the smile and the pose! (Notice that she is still looking intently to the side of me; still trying her best to copy Aiki)
Here's a random photo Aiki took one morning. I think he wanted to get Kristy's hairdo on record (serious mohawk going on)
These next ones are of the girls modeling their new shirts from one of our neighbors.



Here's Kristy with a mouthful of cake ( I dunno how apetizing that orange food coloring was..)
Here's Katie successfully blowing some bubbles. Most of the time she was sucking in..I think she ended up drinking quite a bit actually..
Here's Kristy's cake..I guess its missing a mouth huh?
And here's Katie's. This one is missing its tail..
A very enthused Katie..
And a very "who cares" Kristy
Trying desperately to get a strawberry...most toddlers would be smart enough to use their hands to get one in their mouth..but not Kristy, apparently.
In other great, surprising, world-changing news; we're having a girl, in case you didn't know already...and she shall be called Kimberly...
Anyone have any ideas for a Japanese name?

10 Comments:

  1. Leika said...
    CUTE!!!!!!!!!! How about Nozomi, Hiromi, Masami, Yoshimi, Yumi, Megumi, Naomi, Sesami, Kurumi, Doremi, Rumi, Amy... and the crowning glory...Izumi!
    Florence said...
    I'm going to be so generous and give you my idea for a name that I actually really like. えりん…with kanjis like 恵鈴. Uh. I don't know if you'll care what the kanjis are but...it took me a while to come up with them and i REALLY liked them.
    Okkkeiiii nevermind.
    Alyx said...
    Kimberly? Are you sure about that? I really really don't know..besides, people are going to start calling them the Ku Klux Klan or something...you're like mum - with all this mai, mari, mami, mayu, (etc) thing
    dawnie said...
    Chiyo, China, Kaiya, Erika, Erina..hmm, I can't seem to get past these 5 letter words..oh and my favorite Yuna!
    Aiki said...
    Wow, sesami? Sometimes I don`t get when you`re actually being serious or just joking, Leika.
    えりん sounds like Erin which I dont like too much.
    I wanted to name Katie Kimberly and I wanted to name Kristy Kimberly..but Aiki never went for it. But this time its MY turn to pick and I`m finally naming one of my kids Kimberly!!
    I`m thinking Eri, Harumi, Mayumi, or sayuri
    Aiki said...
    Ooops, that above comment was me..not Aiki
    -Mary
    Kyla said...
    Hey Flo, u stole my future baby's middle name. lol. No, seriously. Erin in kanji with the same kanjis. Brilliant minds think alike? hehe.
    dave said...
    name her Chie.
    The.Walrus said...
    June just laughed when I told her you're having another girl. I think she also suppressed a giggle when she heard you were going to name her Kimberly.

    Personally I think it's a parent's right to name their child whatever they like, as in my mom naming me Shigeru (a name no non Japanese speaker will ever pronounce properly), and Aiki 'Ai' (after my GRANDMOTHER no less). Gene we'll just leave at that. Uncle Scar has enough issues as it is.

    By the way, love the T-shirt pics. You should have taken one of Aiki and posted it under the pic of Katie. That would have been epic...
    Leika said...
    Haha, Ai-tachi, I think you win with the most commented on bloggy, CONGRATS! So, here's my preggers 2 cents...
    1. Erin could be Aeryn...looks like aeroplane.
    2. I think Aiki might not mind Ku Klx...
    3. I was almost tickled pink that Aiki would comment on my comment...and I was so confused when I read that he wanted to name Katie, Kimberly...but I'm just as pleased Mary took time to mention Sesami, its actually a Japanese name.
    AND, Aiki doesn't like Izumi??
    4. NO Harumi or Mayumi please...(Sorry Mash)
    5 Hiki liked the name Yurina which sounds like Erina but decided it sounds a rather bad in 'English'.
    ILY!!!!!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

 

The Kato-Jones Family © 2008. Blogger Template by Blogcrowds